[QGIS-Developer] Unable to compile QGIS3 plugin

Sophie Crommelinck sophie.crommelinck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:54:45 PDT 2018

Hello,

I would like to make a QGIS3 plugin. I have created the template with the
'Plugin Builder', which creates the plugin folder in
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\python\plugins.
When I then open the OSGeo4WShell, navigate to the folder and enter 'make',
the following error occurs:

When running 'pyrcc5 -o resources.py resources.qrc' (which should do the
same) the following error occurs:

I thought it might have something to do with Python3 not properly installed
or connected to QGIS3 and reinstalled QGIS and Python with the OSGeo4W
installer without success. I am a little confused by the many pythons
installed somewhere from OSGeo4W and my local Python 2 and 3. I will try
reinstalling all parts to get a better feeling for what comes from where.

Any further idea on what I could try?

Thanks in advance,

Sophie