[QGIS-Developer] Custom widgets and Qt Designer 4 and 5

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:29:58 PDT 2018

Hi devs,

sorry for raising this issue again. Some old and useful references at
the end of the page.

I'm getting a little bit confused with the usage of the custom widget
for the plugin. I have compiled qgis (while not installed, I'm running
it directly from source) and both Qt4 and Qt5 designer installed.

With Qt4 designer I see the custom widgets, even if I always have the
import error when loading the plugin (and I have to manually change the
ui file from <header>qgsmaplayercombobox.h</header> to
<header>qgis.gui</header>). Not a big deal but still...

With Qt5 designer I cannot see the widget in the interface at all. I
tried to copy
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/designer/libqgis_customwidgets.so
to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/designer but Qt5 designer tells
me that something went wrong with the import.

Do you have some suggestions to use a correct workflow to use these
widgets in Qt x Designer?

Thanks for all the feedbacks

Cheers

Matteo