[QGIS-Developer] Custom widgets and Qt Designer 4 and 5

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 04:32:26 PDT 2018

Hi Matthias,

> FYI, if you compile QGIS yourself anyway you don't need to compile it
> against a custom GDAL version, you can also take the system one.
>
> The error message you were seeing was only because the one you tried to
> install (something ubuntugis I assume) was linked against a newer
> version of gdal.
>
> But you can of course also use the ones compiled against gdal 2.2.3, the
> widgets won't look any newer though ;)

wait a second.. I'm a little bit confused now :)

* the Import error is not related to GDAL version (I mean qgswidgetecc.h
in the ui file instead of qgis.gui)
* not being able to see the QGS widgets in QT Designer 5 is related with
GDAL version, isn't it? If copying in the
/usr/...../pyqt5/plugin/designer the libqgiscustomwidget not compiled
against gdal >= 2.20 won't work

Is this right?

BTW the widget I see now in Qt Designer 5 are different from those of Qt
4. I noticed that I lost widgets in Qt4 now.... (what the hell..... :)

Thanks

Matteo