[QGIS-Developer] QGIS make install without root on Ubuntu

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sun Mar 25 05:28:59 PDT 2018

Hi Idan,

what's important in the end is what's in the CMakeLists.txt in your
build folder, I'd suggest to have a look at the content of this file
first (and possibly re-run cmake or ccmake with different parameters
until you get the desired CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX).

> Suppose I run make install, should I still be able to run QGIS from
the repos without any issues?

As long as it's installed to a different prefix: totally

Cheers
Matthias