[QGIS-Developer] QGIS on Windows7?

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Thu May 3 03:30:37 PDT 2018

I personally haven't but I will comment that Windows 7 is out of
mainstream support and you can't expect your component suppliers to be
obligated to continue supporting it. It's like saying Ubuntu Lucid can
run this version of Qgis and be supported with it. As we all know only
the more recent editions of Linux can run the latest Qgis software so
sooner or later a hard reality comes in that Windows as a platform is
not really different from another platform and that software suppliers
en mass are busy abandoning support for Windows 7 as we speak.