[QGIS-Developer] Sentry support for QGIS crashes / minidumps

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Thu May 3 08:08:02 PDT 2018

Hi

Trying to answer Mathias's questions:

Since I have no idea how it works exactly and what's possible to do with
> it, could you quickly describe how it's working together with other
> issue trackers?

Some features that interesting (at least to me):

   1. If there is a bug, you can assign someone directly in the sentry
   (must be a user for sure) or even you can create a GitHub ticket if you set
   it up (not sure if there is a support for redmine).
   2. We can mark a bug as fixed in the next release. It's really useful to
   make thing automatic
   3. We can see how often a bug occurs (better planning to do bug fix),
   and some statistic and nice graph (and weekly overview)
   4. We can see a bug that occurs again (regression)
   5. The bug report can be set up to provide some environment information
   (version, OS, etc) *perhaps we can make it optional to the user

But I think we need to ask the user whether they want to "send the bug
report" automatically to the sentry or not, since it may contain some
private things.

CMIIW

Best Regards

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 7:47 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> Il 03/05/2018 14:01, Etienne Trimaille ha scritto:
> > Having Sentry on a few Python projects, I agree it's a very nice tool to
> > have for debugging. It shows you new bug, bugs which should be fixed but
> > occurs again, etc.
> > It would be nice to have it in QGIS I think.
>
> you look the perfect candidate for a grant on this, isn't it?
> all the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis