[QGIS-Developer] Planning QGIS Metadata updates for QGIS 3.4

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon May 7 04:17:07 PDT 2018

Hi

Just a follow up on this - thanks to those who have shown interest. We are scheduling a call for Tuesday 8 May at 12h00 SAST. Those interested can join here:

Tim Sutton is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: QGIS 3.4 metadata call
Time: May 8, 2018 12:00 PM Johannesburg

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/932868881

Or iPhone one-tap :
    South Africa: +27875517702,,932868881#
Or Telephone:
        South Africa: +27 87 551 7702
    Meeting ID: 932 868 881
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/ewoyhs9G8

Note that you will need to install the zoom.us client on your phone or computer first.

Regards

Tim

> On 04 May 2018, at 13:42, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Friends
>
> QGIS 3.4 is coming in October this year. Our little metadata group we did excellent work getting the foundations for a great metadata system implemented in QGIS 3.0. Now we are starting thinking about the next phase. I would like to initiate a call (or text chat meeting in Gitter) next week if possible to discus the next steps. The idea would be to revisit our roadmap document, and repeat the process we followed last time:
>
> 1) Identify the critical features and architecture for the next iteration (and publish a QEP)
> 2) Identify champions for the different components we want to build
> 3) Come up with costings for those components
> 4) Seek funding for building the components we define
> 5) Implement such features as we can obtain funding for or find volunteers for
>
> I have started a doodle poll here to find a meeting time - I know it is going to be hard because we are spread across the globe. If it doesn't work trying to meet in real time I will take it off to a shared google doc that we can work on.
>
> https://doodle.com/poll/7iwgz4wr398q5p6y <https://doodle.com/poll/7iwgz4wr398q5p6y>
>

> If you are interested to participate in the process, please let me know via the poll above.
>
> If you or your organisation would like to see <pick your favourite standard> compliant metadata ingested and produced by QGIS and are able to support us with funding for this, please contact me off-list.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>>

> <KartozaNewLogoThumbnail.jpg>