[QGIS-Developer] QGIS supports WCS version 2.0.1 + WCPS natively?

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Wed May 9 00:18:08 PDT 2018

Paolo Cavallini kirjoitti 08.05.2018 klo 10:56:
> Il 08/05/2018 09:54, Ari Jolma ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a quick note that I've been working on WCS support to GDAL and it
>> now supports 2.0.1. It's been tested against Rasdaman and others but
>> more testing would be useful, especially cases with temporal and other
>> multidimensional data.
> Thanks. How does this relate to QGIS?

GDAL is a data provider for QGIS and for example Even wrote in an issue
concerning the WCS driver(*) that "... the lack of _DESC will prevent
for example clients like QGIS to be able to use the subdatasets."

I have not look deeply into how the GDAL data provider works in QGIS,
however.

>   We have native support, although
> my impression is that it has been slightly neglected in the last period.

It would be good to join the efforts somehow since it was quite a pain
to support different WCS servers.

> All the best.

Likewise,

Ari