[QGIS-Developer] QgsMapCanvas refresh for geometries only possible?

Mark Johnson mj10777 at googlemail.com
Wed May 30 13:28:12 PDT 2018

Integrating applyDefaultSettingsToCanvas resolved the problem.

However I had to comment the 'setSegmentationTolerance/Type' statements out
since they seemed to have hindered the placement/moving of a point when it
was to near the previous pixel-point.

For a better understanding, I assume that 'CachingEnabled' causes this
effect (Raster not being 'refreshed' but just re-using the existing image,
while redrawing the changed geometry).

BTW: what is the cause of the 'blank' screen effect when the raster is
being refreshed?

Mark Johnson