[QGIS-Developer] Problems with QGIS Server 3.4 on MS Windows

Kartogishenko kartogishenko at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 11:19:45 PDT 2018

Hi,

I try to get QGis server to work on a new Windows Server 2016 machine
using the OSGeo4W64 installer.

When executing the fcgi application using the command line I get an
error saying:

Couldn't load SIP module. Python support will be disabled.
Traceback (most recent call last): File \"<string>\", line 1, in
<module> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'qgis.PyQt'

This I don't understand. Qt5 and Python 3.7.0 installs as well when you
select the qgis-server package in the OSGeo installer and you can get
qgis.core to work in Python setting the correct path in PYTHONPATH but
pyqt is nowhere to be found (actually there is a pyqt5.dll in
C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\Qt5\plugins\designer but setting the path to it
doesn't seem to help).

Why do one need the PyQt module at all in qgis server? Does it have
anything to do with the X Server?

best regards

Henrik