[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-user] macOS QGIS 3 installer update

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Nov 6 15:44:00 PST 2018

I did not see any macOS option at all when I compiled 3.4 for the first time.  Maybe that's why there was a problem - it remembered the macOS option from the previous run of 3.0 and 3.2 that did have that option.

Probably something to do with switch to Qt 5.11 from previous 5.9.

> On Nov 6, 2018, at 2:31 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks WIlliam!
>
> BTW from your package I downloaded two days ago, the MacOS theme option is completely missing, I get only “Windows" and “Fusion” in the them combo box. Do you still have wierd theme issues on your system?
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
>> On 06 Nov 2018, at 16:49, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com <mailto:woklist at kyngchaos.com>> wrote:
>>
>> OK, a compromise: I simplified the installer.
>>
>> - python still uses an external download and install.
>>
>> - QGIS and GDAL combined into one installer.  But, GDAL is still installed globally, not bundled in QGIS.
>>
>> If you downloaded it today but it didn't work, try again, I fixed a problem just now.
>>
>> -----
>> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/ <http://www.kyngchaos.com/>
>>
>> "Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."
>>
>> - Ford Prefect

> <KartozaNewLogoThumbnail.jpg>
>

> Tim Sutton
>
> Co-founder: Kartoza
> Ex Project chair: QGIS.org <http://qgis.org/>
>
> Visit http://kartoza.com <http://kartoza.com/> to find out about open source:
>
> Desktop GIS programming services
> Geospatial web development
> GIS Training
> Consulting Services
>
> Skype: timlinux
> IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net <http://freenode.net/>

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.