[QGIS-Developer] Get the Canvas CRS in Expression

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 03:09:39 PST 2018

Hi Dev,

I need to get the canvas CRS in an expression.

It's possible to get the layer CRS with the method layer_property

It's possible to get some data of the map like map_center,
map_extent_height, map_scale but I didn't find how to get the map_crs.

It will be useful for exemple to only display the labels of features
nearest the center point. If the layer and the map are not in the same
CRS, the distance between features can't be used.

Do I have to update QGIS sources or a way to get the canvas CRS allready
exists ?

Regards,

René-Luc