[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3.4.1: layer refresh on provider notifications doesn't update editing layer

Luca Manganelli luca.manganelli at comune.trento.it
Wed Nov 14 06:15:00 PST 2018

Il giorno mer 14 nov 2018 alle ore 14:27 RĂ©gis Haubourg <
regis.haubourg at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi Lucas,
> I suspect you are facing postgres transaction inception. you are trying to
> refresh data from the database when you have an edit session opened? Are
> you using transaction modes? Are the users modifications done on the same
> features you are working on?
>
> I'm not sure this is your issue, but we know that there are still issues
> concerning snapping cache when a provider refreshes data in transaction
> mode, and that locks are just silent in QGIS. A good addition would be to
> raise locks verbosely through the QgsMessageBar.

 Two users are edting in QGIS simultaneously from the same postgis layer.
I've tried to refresh, but the data remains in the "old" version (before
editing), so I cannot move points that are in the new position (the other
user has edited those points meanwhile)... I am not sure that you have
understood.