[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server WFS 2.18 unreliable?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 14 08:15:06 PST 2018

Hi,

Just tried exporting the Postgis table with ogr2ogr to GML. It works
fine without any issue. All characters and geom seem fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andreas

On 2018-11-14 15:07, Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) wrote:

> Just my two cents:
> * try to understand if there are issues with charsets, sometimes you focus on geometries and don't remember to check for lesser things;
> * try to use ogr2ogr to try the conversion. What happens converting your datasource directly to GML3?
>
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 2:37 PM Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
>
> Hi René and David,
>
> Thank you for your replies. Interesting to see that GeoJSON works, but GMLv3 fails.
>
> In my Apache webserver log I find the following error:
>
> [Wed Nov 14 14:32:54.580958 2018] [fcgid:error] [pid 13453] mod_fcgid: process /var/www/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi(22829) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11
>
> I also checked the geometries of the concenred table in Postgis for validity. All geometries seem to be valid.
>
> Do you have any idea what I could do? Or do you think the issue will be solved in QGIS 3.x master?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2018-11-13 22:37, René-Luc Dhont wrote:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> QGIS Server segfaults when it try to build the GML for a Feature
>
> The request works for GeoJSON format https://services.geo.zg.ch/ows/Gewaessernetz?SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=GetFeature&VERSION=1.0.0&TYPENAME=zg.gewaessernetz&SRSNAME=EPSG:2056&OUTPUTFORMAT=GeoJSON René-Luc
>
> Le 13/11/2018 à 14:32, Andreas Neumann a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to publish a WFS Service through QGIS Server 2.18.
>
> However, the result I get back from GetFeature errors out.
>
> The XML stream starts correctly and after a while there is an HTML error snipped and as a result a non-wellformed XML response.
>
> this is my URL:
>
> https://services.geo.zg.ch/ows/Gewaessernetz?SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=GetFeature&VERSION=1.0.0&TYPENAME=zg.gewaessernetz&SRSNAME=EPSG:2056&OUTPUTFORMAT=GML3
>
> Sometimes it works, but most of the time it fails.
>
> Any ideas of what might be wrong?
>
> Is QGIS Server 3.x more reliable regarding serving WFS?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andreas

Carlo A. Bertelli
   Charta servizi e sistemi per il territorio e la storia ambientale srl

          Dipendenze del palazzo Doria,
          vc. alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/2 16124      Genova (Italy)
          tel./fax +39(0)10 2475439  +39 0108566195  mobile:+39 393
1590711
   e-mail: bertelli at chartasrl.eu      http://www.chartasrl.eu