[QGIS-Developer] QGIS MSsql Provider

Georg Aufhauser office at kommunaldialog.at
Tue Nov 20 00:59:43 PST 2018

Dear QGIS-Developers

We are  very interessted QGIS Project as we are currently providing
local authorities in Austira with a Time Based GIS Solution GeoTime
(http://kommunaldialog.at/index.php?id=45). At the moment we are
supporting GeoMedia and ArcMap (Oracle and SQL Server). We are planing
to shift our developement focus from these two GIS-Solutions to QGIS.
For our costumers it is a must have that the GIS-Software is supporting
ARCs. Our developement team has reviewed the code of the MSsql provider
and thinks that the latest version does not support MSsql Server 2012
(Geometry Version 2) with ARCs. Is there further developement going on
at the moment to implement ARCs? If not we will have to make the
necessary developement by ourselves. And of course share it with the
community. We have a wide experience in developing drivers for various
GIS solutions (ArcGis PlugInDatasource, GeoMedia Data Server, etc.). It
would not be a problem for us to develop extentions for QGIS. However if
there is currently developement in this direction we do not want to do
work again which has already been done. We would be happy to share our
expertise with the communtiy.

Best regards from Austria,

Georg Aufhauser

--