[QGIS-Developer] Building on Ubuntu Xenial

Stephen Knox stephenknox73 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 15:17:32 PST 2018

Hi list,

Since the minimum QT requirement for QGIS was bumped to 5.9, I have had
trouble building using the system packages.

I downloaded a separate QT 5.9 package, and have been attempting to build
with it it, partly using
https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/blog/2017/08/06/qgis3d-build/.

I am still getting a lot of errors, for example;

/home/stephen/dev/qt_5_9/5.9.1/gcc_64/include/QtCore/QtCore:87:14: error:
missing binary operator before token "("
 #if QT_CONFIG(library)

and
/home/stephen/dev/qt_5_9/5.9.1/gcc_64/include/QtCore/qhashfunctions.h:85:52:
error: redefinition of ‘constexpr uint qHash(long int, uint)’
 Q_DECL_CONST_FUNCTION Q_DECL_CONSTEXPR inline uint qHash(long key, uint
seed = 0) Q_DECL_NOTHROW { return qHash(ulong(key), seed); }

amongst others.

I assume this is a conflict between the QT 5.5 installed as a package, and
the new 5.9 installation. But not sure how to fix it as I have specified
all the new locations in ccmake.

Is there a guide anywhere, or something obvious I am doing wrong, or should
I just cut my losses and move to bionic?

Thanks for any advice

Stephen