[QGIS-Developer] Change plugin name

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Tue Nov 27 04:54:44 PST 2018

Dnia wtorek, 27 listopada 2018 12:58:50 CET Denis Rouzaud pisze:
> I see two ways of propagating the info:
> easy way: on qgis user mailing list
> elegant way: release a new version of your plugin which opens a dialog
> after install (or at each startup, but it's a bit aggressive) which tells
> your user that the plugin has been renamed.

I started to write exactly the same :-)  You can also call the plugin
installer
API in order to install ORSTools:

import pyplugin_installer
pyplugin_installer.instance().installPlugin('ORSTools', quiet=False)

Uninstalling OSMTools from within itself may be more tricky, but should be
possible as well. You may need to call the plugin's unload() method
prior to uninstalling:

self.unload()
pyplugin_installer.instance().uninstallPlugin('opl_bazaprojektow',
quiet=False)

Also the uninstalling should be the very last line in the function (just don't
try
to do anything after it's removed).

Best regards,

Borys