[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-developer] QGIS <-> Django

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:54:07 PDT 2018

Hi Radim,

I didn't get this sorted in the end (ended just having the layer as read
only in QGIS from postgis and users would do any modification from django
admin).

About a Django provider for QGIS : it is now possible to create python
providers [1]. So creating a REST provider to consume a django rest
framework endpoint may not be that hard anymore ? That would certainly be a
great addition to QGIS !!

And about a WFS-T app for Django : I don't know of any other effort than
django-wfs, but I just saw there's an open PR with some a lot of changed
including python 3 support, so maybe django-wfs is not as dead as it looks
? Still WFS-T would have to be added, and again not sure how hard this
would be...

Let us know how it goes !

Cheers,

Olivier