[QGIS-Developer] Using help button from a third-party Processing algorithm

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:07:04 PDT 2018

Hi,

Nyall, the reporter is using 3.2.3 and I do not have third-party providers
installed here. So it might be fixed though regarding the issue report I
mentioned above I'm not really sure given that:
- if I understand the commit, saga is among the providers we keep showing
the help button for
- the link built (
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/saga/rastertools.html#sagaaveragewithmask2)
by the button refers to an alg we don't have in docs (Average with mask 2 -
added to QGIS only a year ago) and more importantly, and this is what leads
to 404, a "rastertools" category we don't provide (and I can't see where
that category comes from). And we are anyway far from covering SAGA modules
(see
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/saga/index.html
vs
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/saga/description
vs http://www.saga-gis.org/saga_tool_doc/2.2.4/a2z.html (latest?))

Does anything prevent us to:
1- apply the same rule to qgis and gdal providers: use our docs
2- apply same rule to grass and saga providers: use their docs
3- hide the help button for other providers and let them implement their
path?

Looks like 3 is already done but 1 and 2 need some tweaks.

Regards,
Harrissou