[QGIS-Developer] URL/Request logging of QGIS?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Oct 18 04:25:12 PDT 2018

Hi Devs,

Recently people tell me that certain services (WCS or WFS) are not
working anymore for them.

Sometimes I can reproduce the problem locally, but often I cannot
(sometimes because they have a proxy problem or ...).

Would it not be great if those people could easily see the requests that
are fired? Other then only having the debug info and grep into the sea
of output that generates?

Thinking about a 'Requests'-tab in the Log Messages where you can maybe
disable/enable the logging of certain types of requests. Or where you
can filter certain types of requests.

Is this doable? An idea?

Logging all requests going through 'QgsConnectionManager'?

(in my case I have 2 problems at this moment in a
Client-Window-environment: MetaSearch is erroring because I'm behind a
firewall (but I cannot see which requests it is firing) and CWS is
failing on certain services (but I cannot see which requests it is
firing)...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde