[QGIS-Developer] Identify Features icon vs Actions icon

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Oct 22 03:00:54 PDT 2018

Hi,

We have a "usability" problem in one of our projects:

The "Identify Features" icon and the "Actions" icon are very similar
(both are blue, both have arrows) and are located in the toolbar next to
each other. Now, one of our users mixed up the two tools, and because
some layers had "Duplicate feature" as the active icon, the user
accidentally started to duplicate features, while he wanted to just
query the attributes.

Questions:

1. Can the two icons be made more "distinguishable"?

2. Would it make sense to place the two tools not next to each other
(personally not sure about it).

3. I am clarifying with David/Matthias if we can "opt-in" or "opt-out"
from the duplicate features default action, for layers we don't need
this functionality.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Andreas