[QGIS-Developer] Rotate or Offset Point symbol: how do they work? Or are they broken?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:06:43 PDT 2018

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 03:17, DelazJ <delazj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Any clue on how the "Rotate Point symbol" or "Offset Point symbol" digitizing tools are expected to work? The docs [0] seems wrong (or broken?) and whatever I try (including creating a field named "rotation"), I get a "The selected point does not have a rotation (or an offset) attribute set." message. And no help on how I could set this attribute...

Works fine here. I just data define link it over to an appropriate
field (numeric for rotation, string for offset), and then the tools
work as described.

The only thing I can think of is that the docs are a little unclear here:

"near the Rotation option of the highest level (preferably) of the
symbol layers"

This should be set at the "marker" level, not at an individual layer
level. (i.e. click the "Marker" entry in the list, not "simple marker"
and set the rotation there).

Offset can be set at any layer and it will work.

Nyall