[QGIS-Developer] Mapserver mapfile -> QGIS project

Pēteris Brūns pb at sungis.lv
Wed Oct 24 03:08:31 PDT 2018

Hi Radim, Nothing ready to use, sometime we use some py scripts to extract something QGIS<->MAP, but usually for usage once. We are looking on the same direction and started some brainstorming how to and where we see risks. Convert layers, connection parameters and filters is the easy part. Line and polygon styles at first we see as: a) suboptimal way mapscript -> SLD (good part that contains classes and filter rules) while there is simple styles without complex symbol usage should work fine. b) parse CLASS and translate expressions to QGIS, parse STYLE and translate to QGIS style (initially more work than in mapscript case but in long term can be better). So far no research and idea how to deal with MapServer symbols and symbols based on TTF fonts (we have special symbols developed in TTF). Cool wold be tool able to build QGIS Resource sharing package [1] from map file and linked symbols and fonts for usage in QGIS.   1. http://www.akbargumbira.com/qgis_resources_sharing/ Best, -- Pēteris Brūns SunGIS +371 26336691 pb at sungis.lv ---- On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 11:42:33 +0300 Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote ---- Is there around a piece of code to convert Mapserver mapfile to QGIS project to start with migration to QGIS server? I only found: https://github.com/sourcepole/qgis-mapfile-tools/tree/master/mapfile_tools which only reads list of layers and then calls Mapserver mapscript to render the layer as plugin layer (if I got it). http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-gt-Mapserver-export-td5046115.html talking about 'greatly enhanced mapfile tools' but https://github.com/Oslandia/qgis-mapfile-tools does not exist anymore. https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/191729/tools-to-help-migration-from-mapserver-to-qgis-server asking the same thing, pointed to go via (nonoptimal) SLD. Radim _______________________________________________ QGIS-Developer mailing list QGIS-Developer at lists.osgeo.org List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer