[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-developer] QGIS <-> Django

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 00:21:23 PDT 2018

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 9:34 PM Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:
> What you have built sounds really cool! Is my understanding correct that with
> eventual read/write support the idea is that a user connecting via QGIS PostGIS
> connection would have equivalent permissions to a user created in Django auth,
> so could for example directly edit a feature in QGIS via PG connection,
> in QGIS via WFS-T connection or edit a feature in Django via e.g. OpenLayers WFS-T
> connect to QGIS or in Django via django forms?

Not exactly, the idea is to substitute direct PostGIS editing via
Postgres provider for WFS-T/Django to get rid of users/permissions
maintenance on Postgres level. Django will be the only access gateway
where permissions are checked and data are filtered. Syncing
users/permissions/filters between Django and PostGIS is a pain which
we want to abandon. Similarly a WMS vector data source can be filtered
on Django level.

Radim