[QGIS-Developer] Early 3.4 point release?

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 03:47:34 PDT 2018

Hi Matthias,

> > The problem here is the "known" part: if we had more testers on the
> > nightlies during the two weeks before the release date, we would
> > probably have catched some of these regression in time to fix them.
>
> Agreed, the more testing the better.

serious manual/semi-automated testing (of most functionalities, on the
3 major platforms, using multiple type/versions of QGIS and endpoints,
etc.) is a full time job, I know because  I was lucky enough to have
done it for a year and half. Without this type of effort we will
always rely on reports sent in by people that find issues here and
there while doing their normal workflow, which is ok but also has a
good chance of not finding a number of serious bugs.

cheers!

-- g --