[QGIS-Developer] What to do about WFS test failures?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 02:56:22 PDT 2018

Hi devs,

Just raising the question of what we should do about the constant WFS
test failures we get on Travis. I'd estimate 1 in 3 builds fails
because of WFS related tests hanging.

I'm very reluctant to disable all these tests, because:

1. WFS is super important.
2. I think there may be a real issue here - I've got at least one
customer who is having WFS issues with 3.2 and master. BUT: on the
other hand Travis has always been flaky with any test which uses
threads, regardless of which area of code it's from. So it could just
be Travis playing up again, in which case we'd need to disable these
tests like we do most of the other thread-related tests...

The current situation is basically unworkable. Sooooo.... ideas?

Nyall