[QGIS-Developer] What to do about WFS test failures?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Sep 1 03:37:44 PDT 2018

On 09/01/2018 11:56 AM, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> Just raising the question of what we should do about the constant WFS
> test failures we get on Travis. I'd estimate 1 in 3 builds fails
> because of WFS related tests hanging.
>
> I'm very reluctant to disable all these tests, because:
>
> 1. WFS is super important.
> 2. I think there may be a real issue here - I've got at least one
> customer who is having WFS issues with 3.2 and master. BUT: on the
> other hand Travis has always been flaky with any test which uses
> threads, regardless of which area of code it's from. So it could just
> be Travis playing up again, in which case we'd need to disable these
> tests like we do most of the other thread-related tests...
>
> The current situation is basically unworkable. Sooooo.... ideas?

To add: QGIS recently has some issues and list messages concerning wfs
too. I searched some:

https://issues.qgis.org/issues/19702

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2018-August/043237.html

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2018-August/043241.html

And myself I also have the feeling that WFS is less stable/usable then
in 2.18 (I release a list of national WFS/WMS/WCS's in one of my plugins).

So I think it is not only CI that has problems, it looks like changes in
WFS made it more tricky to use?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde