[QGIS-Developer] Handle Bad Layers

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 5 05:12:18 PDT 2018

Hi Devs,

I have a question about the "Handle Bad Layers" dialog. My scenario is
working offline and loading a project with WMS layers defined. As the
WMS is unreachable, the layers are marked as "bad". Since the layers are
not fixable while offline, they get deleted from the project.

I would like to continue to edit the layers locally stored on my laptop
and not lose the definitions of the WMS layers when saving the project.

I would like to see the "bad" layers marked as "disabled because bad"
and not deleted from the project. This would keep the stored information
about the layer in the project. When the project is next opened while
connected to the internet these layers would be available without having
to enter them again.

Is there currently a way to do this?  Or should I add an enhancement
request issue for this idea?

--
*Worth Lutz*