[QGIS-Developer] QgsRubberband

Adam Borczyk adam.borczyk at gis-support.pl
Sun Sep 23 06:45:45 PDT 2018

Hello everyone,
I'm automating map printing in PyQGIS 3 and encountered an issue with
QgsRubberband - the rubberband is not visible on map rendered from composer.

I guess there is a good reason to not to include it, but is there a way to
do so anyway? I just need to mark a very temporary polygon on the map and
place it on exported layout, so creating a memory layer for just one, small
polygon seems to be an overkill for me.

Currently I load a QPT file into QgsLayout and have QgsLayoutItemMap item
in there. Everything renders fine except for the rubberband. I'd appreciate
any hints on that.

Best regards
Adam Borczyk