[QGIS-Developer] qgis 3: proper way to kill a long running processing alghorithm

enrico chiaradia enrico.chiaradia at yahoo.it
Mon Sep 24 09:13:01 PDT 2018

Hi list,

what is the proper way to stop a very long processing alghorithm running
in QGIS 3 in a python plugin?
In my plugin under QGIS 2, I assigned to the GeoAlgorithm a custom
AlgorithmDialog that stops the running thread when the "closing event"
happens (i.e. when the user clicks on the close button in the dialog).
The long running function is in fact a new object of class QThread (not
sure that is the best solution but it works perfectly under QGIS 2).
Is there a similar way also in QGIS 3? Are there the equivalents to
AlgorithmDialog class and the getCustomParametersDialog function of
GeoAlgorithm?

Thanks,

enrico