[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] Fwd: Documentation writing

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 03:01:38 PDT 2018

Hi all (sorry for the cross-posting but it's because the call was made if
I'm not wrong on all the three channels)

Thanks to those that already applied and happy to see that Documentation
repo will likely be lively in upcoming weeks.
If that can help to attract more people, these are some of the main areas I
feel the documentation is far behind (or the features I think would be
worth describing in priority in official manuals - not sorted):

* 3D formats and features: up to now no word has been written about
although I think this could be an attractive feature
* the user profiles behavior: another big change on the settings philosophy
that impact everybody and would deserve some literature
* the processing system and particularly "graphical modeler": The
algorithms, and particularly native ones, are well covered, But the
Processing options and more important the modelers are less behind imho
* the QGIS Server: can't really tell how the doc is in this area but there
are a lot of pending issues in the repo
* the print layout reporting
* attribute table and custom forms/widgets
* unfortunately as usual, the PyQGIS doc ...
* ... and the data source manager dialog (particularly some of the tabs at
the bottom of the dialog)
* and of course, any other area you think you know better...

Some ideas for those willing to apply and write docs.

Hope that helps,
Harrissou