[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-user] New Features in Shape Tools 3.2.0

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 13:46:00 PDT 2018

Stefan,

You mentioned getting different results when you densify the polygon. The
results should be the same. With geographiclib all distances are based on
geodesic shortest paths between vertices to calculate the area. I tried
your experiment but used a geodesic densifier on the polygon, calculated
the area, and in both cases they were almost identical. The only difference
was way down in the noise. What this tells me is that whatever densify
algorithms you were using, they were not geodesic.

Regards