[QGIS-Developer] form font barely readable

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Sep 28 01:49:52 PDT 2018

Hi Richard

On 9/28/18 10:17 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 09/28/2018 12:07 AM, Nyall Dawson wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 at 00:08, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
>>> Using the I-tool and viewing via 'Auto open form', the attributes of a
>>> feature are barely readable (see attached screenshot).
>> Oh this has bugged me a LOT too! I'd very much like to see this
>> changed, but I'm not sure if there's some rationale behind it I'm
>> missing...
>>
>> Nyall
> Looking into this a little, we use make the widget 'enabled=false' I think?
>
> What about instead only do 'readOnly=true'?
> Then you 'miss' the visual cue that a form field is read only.
> There could be a message when you try to edit the field?
>
> Or in combination with 'frame=false' you would get a form in which the
> fields do not like 'input fields'.

That sounds like an idea.

Have a look here, that's the default behavior with setEnabled, where the
actual modification of the widget is done:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/gui/editorwidgets/core/qgseditorwidgetwrapper.cpp#L65

it needs to be checked with all different widgets if they are still in a
sane and expected readonly state. If one is not, the behavior can be
finetuned in their respective wrapper, as done e.g. here
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/gui/editorwidgets/qgsrelationreferencewidgetwrapper.cpp#L136

Cheers

Matthias