[QGIS-Developer] Linux users: wanna flatpak?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Sep 30 23:18:27 PDT 2018

On 10/01/2018 08:10 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Right, an annoying issue. Could other flatpacks be used, or should py
> libs be bundled?
>
> Otherwise, a nice a quick way to install, thanks a lot!

I think flatpak is in the same boat as Windows (non osgeo4w-users) and
Mac users: different python(path) for QGIS.

Best solution I heard earlier (Ale?) is to (re)use pip. From [0]: "pip
is the preferred installer program. Starting with Python 3.4, it is
included by default with the Python binary installers."

Any Python guru's willing to dive into a plan?
Maybe a small interface to run pip from withing QGIS?
Or include a partial pip string in the metadata.txt of installers?
Taking into account already configured proxy/certs?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] https://docs.python.org/3/installing/index.html