[QGIS-Developer] GSoC 2019 for QGIS 3D Improvement Proposal

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 00:50:29 PDT 2019

Hi Luigi

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 9:36 AM Luigi Pirelli <luipir at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Point cloud rendering" is cited in the document... that't the reason I wrote about.

Point cloud rendering is mentioned there because the 'billboards' 3D
rendering technique can be reused for point clouds as well - but it
wasn't the intention to implement a point cloud visualizer there
(although re-reading the proposal, it can give such impression).

@Ismail - maybe that point in your proposal could be removed to avoid
confusion about the scope of the project... or it could be
reformulated that it would "just" prepare the ground for point clouds
rendering sometime later.

Cheers
Martin