[QGIS-Developer] GDAL and microstation dgn v8 files... Teiga ?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Apr 3 02:32:52 PDT 2019

Hi,

Here in NL a lot of municipalities still work with Microstation, so
dgn-files are a common format to use.

FME is capable of converting dgn to whatever format.

But we just found that gdal also has a dngv8 driver [0], but it needs to
be build against the Teiga driver.
QGIS can import autocat dwg/dxf files, I forgot what lib was used for that.

Anybody experience with building GDAL with Teiga?

BUT: want/could we use this to create a QGIS which is capable of loading
dgn or importing files?
Or is there an licensing or technical problem?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] https://www.gdal.org/drv_dgnv8.html