[QGIS-Developer] Why was selection tool behaviour changed in 3.x?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 02:59:45 PDT 2019

Hi Cory,
I must say I didn't notice any difference on the selection tool behavior on
my side.
I don't think there was any explicit attempt to homogenize the selection
behavior with the node tool new ergonomy.

Just a check, in the maptool dropdown list for selection tool, are your
using the freehand selection tool or the classical clic and drag selection
tool?

I've seen similar surprising issues with the new "identify" tool that now
can interrogate features in a polygon. Users got confused when they changed
this behavior by mistake. Could that be your case?
Cheers
Régis