[QGIS-Developer] [LTR 3.4.6] Background online services not working (OpenLayers & QuickMapServices)

Niccolò Marchi sciurusurbanus at hotmail.it
Mon Apr 8 08:43:36 PDT 2019

Hi all,
I need to add an online service (Bing/google aerial) as a background map in my project.

Using those offered in the OpenLayers plugin I get the following error “Printing and rotating of Javascript API based layer is currently not supported” and, therefore I’m not able to keep any of these layers saved in my project.

Using QuickMapServices, instead, I’m not able  to download the “Contributed pack” because I get this error: “Attribute error: module ‘sys’ has no attribute ‘exec_type’ “.

It is a pain for normal use but this has quite bad consequences when I decide to use that project on Qfield. Am I missing something? Any other suggestion?
I’m using LTR 3.4.6 on W10.

Sorry for the re-post, but I got no reply on users-list.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Nic