[QGIS-Developer] Bug #21460?

Cory Albrecht maps at hanfastolfe.com
Mon Apr 8 17:51:21 PDT 2019

Hello Nyall,

Oh, I am well familiar with the vicissitudes of getting work done in open
source projects - It's why I have donated to many opensource projects over
the decades that I have been using them, including QGIS. But just telling
people "go fix it yourself" is not helpful. To be frank, it makes me wonder
if I should have made that donation elsewhere rather than making me willing
to contribute to the project by trying to fix a bug or two instead. How do
I know that I wouldn't just get another snarky brush off were I to ask for
help because my lack of familiarity with the QGIS codebase and the Qt
framework?