[QGIS-Developer] QGIS-Server: filter by categories in an OGC compatible way

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Apr 9 06:38:01 PDT 2019

Hi,

Does QGIS-Server support SLD styles to filter away RULEs in a GetMap
Request?

I would assume, yes, but in what encoding would I submit such an SLD in
a GET request? I know that one should rather use POST reqests for such
long parameters, but for experimenting, it would be ok to use GET.

The idea would be to allow users to enable/disable categories within a
given layer.

The WMS client would first request the available rules with a GetStyles
command (that part works fine) and would then filter the RULE (strip
away the unwanted RULEs) and resubmit the GetMap with an SLD. Does that
work with QGIS server?

I know that one can also use the FILTER parameter, but we want to do it
in an OGC compatible way, since the client being developed should work
with any OGC compatible WMS server.

Thanks for your reply,

Andreas