[QGIS-Developer] Which Docker do you use?

David Marteau dmarteau at 3liz.com
Thu Apr 18 07:31:15 PDT 2019

Hi,

We (at 3liz) publish a qgis docker platform to be used as base image for running  qgis server or other qgis based application:

The docker file is on github: https://github.com/3liz/docker-qgis-platform <https://github.com/3liz/docker-qgis-platform> and you can pull images from dockerhub: https://hub.docker.com/r/3liz/qgis-platform <https://hub.docker.com/r/3liz/qgis-platform>

We have images from release (buster), nigtly-release (buster),  ltr (stretch),  nightly-ltr (stretch)

You will find a full-featured/ready-to-run qgis-server here: https://hub.docker.com/r/3liz/qgis-map-server <https://hub.docker.com/r/3liz/qgis-map-server> (Dockerfile at: https://github.com/3liz/docker-qgis-server <https://github.com/3liz/docker-qgis-server>)

These images are based on the qgis.org <http://qgis.org/> debian packages and not from a custom build.

If you plan to run qgis server, you may need to start a frame-buffered X server with Xvfb, if not, fonts are not found by Qt and no labels are rendered.

See here for an example a starting an Xvfb server before running a qgis server: https://github.com/3liz/docker-qgis-server/blob/master/docker-entrypoint.sh#L33

David,