[QGIS-Developer] QGIS and GeoNode

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Apr 23 06:27:27 PDT 2019

Hi

> On 23 Apr 2019, at 08:19, johnrobot <johnrobot at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
> Thanks for the reply, Tim.
>
> We will soon be moving from QGIS 2.18 to 3.4, so the current GeoNode/QGIS
> Server solution only supporting 2.18 seems like a problem.

The main issue for 3.x support is that we need to port the ‘on the fly project’ creation QGIS Server plugin that makes a QGIS project for a layer on the fly so that we can serve it up via QGIS Server. Other than that I actually don’t think it is a massive amount of work to migrate everything to 3.x.

> I guess it´s OK for our users to create their web maps from the web client,
> but it would be even better if they could do it without leaving QGIS.

The workflows here are more tricky since we would need to parse out QGIS Project layers that are not available from within the GeoNode context. I agree though it would be a cool feature to add.

> 3D web map support is not required at the moment for us, but it could be of
> interest later on.

Yeah - for me too!

> I´ll see if I can get started with the Rancher catalogue.

Great - let me know how you get on….

Regards

Tim

> Regards,