[QGIS-Developer] archive/remove repo qgis/homebrew-qgisdev

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue Apr 30 15:50:16 PDT 2019

Hi Peter, Tim and all,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 3:38 AM Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thats fine for me too - I also contributed a bit to the home-brew docs …
> but….

I, too, am fine with this repo being removed, after a culling of pertinent
info.

> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/doc/osx.t2t is really out of
> date (still referring to Qt4) so can you clarify where the canonical macOS
> docs are currently?
>
> Also we did a very detailed developer environment setup here:
>
> https://github.com/qgis/homebrew-qgisdev/blob/master/development/README.md
>
> That I would not like to see lost - we should update it or replace it if
> there is something better out there.

It would be good if someone updated that or added something more relevant,
e.g. based upon current 'osgeo-' prefixed formulae in OSGeo4Mac [1], etc.

I am currently working in a different packaging system and am not intending
to work with Homebrew or OSGeo4Mac in the near future. So, unfortunately, I
can not spend time on any documentation re-writes for awhile.

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/homebrew-osgeo4mac/projects/1

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography