[QGIS-Developer] On github, gitlab, and imperialist nations screwing us all over...

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Aug 6 16:44:24 PDT 2019

Hi

> On 7 Aug 2019, at 00:37, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 at 09:08, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:
>>
>> /me is googling for cloud hosting services in North Korea :-P
>>
>> Sandro's comments about migrating issues to gitea make me think he has more in mind than a simple mirror of the code….
>>
>> If we want a mirror surely it is easier to simply have a small hetzner server running a public read only git repo? No objection from me to have mirrors btw. Also isn’t this something we can just leave up to interested community members to work on? Nobody is complaining and it doesn’t seem useful to spend time and effort on something nobody is asking for.
>
> I was under the impression that Sandro WAS volunteering to do this?

“This” = host a simple Git mirror (+1 from me if he is, and our disenfranchised nation friends can access it)?
Or
“This” = full migration of GitHub issues to gitea (-1 from me unless we have a very clear understanding of what we will land up with at the end of the process and there is full community buy-in)?

I guess I probably am over-interpreting this paragraph from Sandro:

"Latest Gitea release (1.9.0) introduced support for also migrating
issues/pull-requests/labels/milestone/wiki/releases from a github
project. I'd be happy to try that out if anyone can give me
credentials to hit the API to do so (drop me a note).”

Sandro: sure we can set you up with credentials if you just want to test it out and show us what it looks like….

Regards

Tim

—

Tim Sutton