[QGIS-Developer] Issue priorization for bugfixing: go flag your favorite issues

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sat Aug 24 00:16:45 PDT 2019

Yesterday at a dinner with many well known friendly faces, a discussion
started about the priorization of issues.

One of the main problems when deciding which issues to tackle is, that a
developer perspective often differs from the one from the average user
perspective.

So we thought it might be a good idea to start giving our users a bigger
voice in how bugs are prioritized - and how the projects funds are spent
- by giving the developers more information about the "impact footprint"
of issue reports.

*In short: if you particularly hate an issue (or two or three) go to
this issue on github and just give the first post of it a thumbs up**👍**.*

The following link will then show the leaderboard of annoying things

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Areactions-%2B1-desc+label%3ABug

While there is no guarantee that these bugs really will be solved first
(there are a couple of other things also to take into account, like a
well defined solution being at hand) this should give us a much better
(democratic) idea of the often-cited user expectation.

Thanks for reading

Matthias