[QGIS-Developer] Processing plugin algorithm slows down in graphical modeler

Clemens Raffler clemens.raffler at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 07:39:24 PDT 2019

Dear QGIS Devs,

Recently, I received two messages from users concerning the speed of
processing algorithms which are implemented in the QNEAT3 plugin. More
specifically, they report that the execution time of algorithms slow
down up to 10 times when the algorithm is used in the graphical modeler
compared to manual execution from the processing toolbox (used
algorithm: OD Matrix from Layers as Lines (m:n)). I link the ticket from
the QNEAT3 repository here for reference:
https://github.com/root676/QNEAT3/issues/21

I would like to identify the cause of this problem because on the first
look I can't relate it to any implementation flaws on the plugin side.
Has anyone else experienced this problem with other processing plugins
or core algorithms? I didn't have time yet to check if core algorithms
are affected too. Could it be some kind of bug related to the graphical
modeler? Do you have any hints what could cause this problem on the
plugin side so I can fix it? Tanks in advance!

Best regards,
Clemens