[QGIS-Developer] QGIS & PROJ 6 & SAGA

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Dec 2 07:42:08 PST 2019

Of course, a crowdfunding or a QGIS grant is always an option.
Another long standing idea from Victor is to include in QGIS all the
relevant code from SAGA; of course this option has its drawbacks too.
The fact is that a minority of users, especially power ones, need very
specific functions since now and then, the usual 10% functions for 90%
of users+90% of functions for 10% of users paradox.
Cheers.

Il 02/12/19 16:09, Régis Haubourg ha scritto:
> Hi, side note, I missed the existence of this SAGA plugin.
> Maybe I missed some communication somewhere, and if so, I'm not the only
> one.
> So, It might be worth giving it another chance maybe.
> Regards,
> Régis
>
> Le lun. 2 déc. 2019 à 05:43, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com
> <mailto:nyall.dawson at gmail.com>> a écrit :
>
>     On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 14:38, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
>     <sebastic at xs4all.nl <mailto:sebastic at xs4all.nl>> wrote:
>     >
>     > On 12/1/19 8:50 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>     > > I want to have PROJ 6 (and GDAL 3) for QGIS (should be fully
>     supported in QGIS 3.10.1), but found a problem with SAGA.  QGIS is
>     still using SAGA 2.3 (LTS) for API stability.  SAGA 2.3 is stuck on
>     PROJ.4.  It's only the latest SAGA, v7.4 that finally updated for
>     PROJ 6 support.
>     >
>     > SAGA 7.3.0 is the new LTS, and supports PROJ 6.
>     >
>     > You should upgrade to that.
>     >
>     > Also note: https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/processing_saga_nextgen/
>
>     I know, I made that plugin, in the hope that it would be adopted by
>     motivated community members who wanted to see a newer saga version
>     utilised. Spoiler: it didn't.
>
>     Nyall
>

>     >
>     > Kind Regards,
>     >
>     > Bas
>     >
>     > --
>     >  GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
>     > Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1
>     > QGIS-Developer mailing list
>     > QGIS-Developer at lists.osgeo.org <mailto:QGIS-Developer at lists.osgeo.org>

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: