[QGIS-Developer] QGIS packages build against ubuntugis-unstable dependencies

Ben Hur Pintor bnhr.dev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 22:41:27 PST 2019

Hi all,

I install QGIS on my Ubuntu 18.04 machine with ubuntugis-unstable
dependencies. A few days ago, the ubuntugis-unstable repo updated it's
packages for Bionic (GDAL 3, PROJ 6, etc). After upgrading some libraries
from ubuntugis-unstable, QGIS disappeared from my machine. Other libraries
like qgis-common, etc were still there but qgis itself wasn't. I tried to
reinstall qgis but I always end up with missing/broken package error
(mostly with python-gdal). Looking at the recent update to
ubuntugis-unstable, it seems the python3-gdal lib (with GDAL 3) breaks
python-gdal < 2.5.

Am I correct in thinking that rebuilding QGIS against the
ubuntugis-unstable dependencies would solve this issue?

P.S. It's been a day since I last checked if I could reinstall QGIS with
ubuntugis-unstable dependencies so please disregard this message if it has
been resolved already.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Ben Hur