[QGIS-Developer] Find unmaintained plugins

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:30:32 PST 2019

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 at 00:57, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:

> Hi Paolo
>
> On 2/3/19 1:39 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> > Hi Matthias,
> >
> > On 03/02/19 10:17, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> >
> >> Marking a plugin as "unmaintained" or "deprecated" is a heavy action which may discourage developers and make even useful plugins disappear.
> >
> > deprecated yes, unmaintained not necessarily. We could just let the user
> > know, perhaps suggesting a way to solve this, without removing them for
> > the list of available plugins (just like the Featured tag).
>
> Then I misunderstood the goal of this proposal, sorry.
>
> I was imagining myself looking through a plugin list of a software of
> which I am an ordinary user and seeing a plugin tagged as
> "unmaintained". This would make me think it's unreliable, outdated and
> unstable and hence not recommended.

I think this actually IS the intention here.

But, as you've pointed out, no activity =/= unmaintained, as sometimes
no activity just means bug free and feature complete. In this case I
think it's fine to require developers to respond to a quick "is this
still maintained" survey in order to avoid the flag.

Nyall