[QGIS-Developer] qgis flatpak - how to install additional python packages required by plugins?

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 03:49:46 PST 2019

Hi all
I'm using the flatpak version of QGIS and I'd like to install some
additional python packages. Is this possible?

My current use case is I'd like to install the Time Manager plugin. This
requires the `future` package, which I do not have installed. So I want to
install it.

The flatpak is using its own internal python and I'm not sure how I'd go
about pip installing stuff.

Looking around the web I couldn't find much info on this. Seems like a tool
like flapjack[1] might be usable for this, but it is seeming like overkill.

Thanks

[1] - https://github.com/endlessm/flapjack